I first came across Weleda products a few years ago. It’s been around since the 1920s so there’s a lovely organic story behind it. For me, it’s one of the iconic organic brands that existed before “organic” became more mainstream. When Big Munch was born I wanted to use gentle products for her bath time and get ready routine. My friend also recommended the Weleda Baby range. I had been using their hand and face creams for years so it was lovely knowing they made products just for babies and children.
Big Munch is now three-years old and when Baby Munch arrived last year, I did worry about juggling the bath time and bed time routine. As many of us know, routines don’t always go to plan but using nice products can make a difference. Here are my seven tips for bath-time…
- Put everything you need in the bathroom…It’s handy if you have all of your bath time and get ready for bed kit in the bathroom. For us this includes, nappies and pull-ups, pyjamas for Big Munch and a sleep vest for Baby Munch. Check that the towels are also in the bath room. I keep them close by as Baby Munch can decide she’s ready to come out of the bath at any time. Our bath time beauty kit for the girls includes:
- Weleda Calendula Baby Shampoo and Wash A combined body wash gentle enough for Baby Munch’s skin which is prone to eczema is essential. It’s also a gorgeous shampoo and I love how shiny it makes their hair (and the next morning).
- Weleda Mallow Nappy Cream I used the Weleda Calendula Nappy Cream for Big Munch when she was a baby. As Baby Munch suffers more from eczcema, it was recommended that I try the Weleda Mallow cream. This one also has a nice protective texture. It’s been designed for hypersensitive skin in babies. It is a gentle blend of organic extracts from calming mallow and skin-kind pansy with organic sesame and coconut oils to help maintain baby’s healthy skin. Its zinc oxide helps to protect skin against damp. There is a very gentle scent from organic organic coconut oil and golden beeswax.
- Weleda Baby Calendula Body Lotion – This absorbs really well and is great when you need to get the kids ready quickly due to end of the day tired mood swings (theirs not ours!).
- Weleda Calendula Baby Face cream – I love the smell of this. It’s pretty gentle and is great for all seasons. The girls play lots outdoors so this is great for the autumnal weather.
- Two of the favourite bath toys…Now Baby Munch is older and she can express herself more, I make sure there are two of the toys that they love playing with. Sharing is of course caring but sometimes after a long day it’s about making bath time go smoothly as possible. The girls have their own watering cans which were probably some of the best bath toys I’ve ever bought them. Making sure they have their own toys, is a good way to avoid bath time squabbles over the favourite jug or squirty animal.
- ABC splash fun!…Bath time is a fab way to learn different things. To keep Big Munch occupied especially when Baby Munch was a newborn, I bought her a bath time set of letters and numbers. She was an inquisitive toddler and felt grown up that she knew what the letters said when her newborn would just splash around a bit. Now the girls are bigger, they like playing games together in the bath. It’s also a great time to sing songs. We have our favourites like Baby Beluga and Elmo’s Rub-a-Dub-Dub. Singing is a great way for us parents to de-stress at the end of the day too.
- Keep your empty bath time product containers for splash time…I love that the Weleda Baby Shampoo and Wash tube is a bright yellow. Baby Munch loves playing with this and I’d prefer that it’s an empty one.
- Time to dry off…It’s all about having a system when I’m juggling bath time with the two girls. I take out Baby Munch first and let Big Munch play in the bath for a bit longer. That’s why it’s important to have all of our post-bath kit in the bathroom as I’m bathroom-bound until they’re both out. We also keep a changing mat in the bathroom to get Baby Munch ready. I leave other toys and books in the bathroom to keep Baby Munch busy whilst I get Big Munch ready. Once they’re in their pyjamas we head off to meet the teddies in their bedrooms for book-time.
- Involve your little ones in the moisturiser routine…Well, I love my lotions and potions and couldn’t live with out my moisturisers. When they’re old enough, let your toddlers get involved in applying a bit of their own body cream. If I’m lucky, Big Munch may offer me a free facial and rubs some of her Weleda Calendula Body Lotion on my face and neck. I love that all of the Weleda Baby products are great for my skin too.
- Plan your own bath!…As mamas, things have to be pretty organised if we want to have our own baths. A bath can be a real luxury so plan one ahead for some proper de-stress me-treat.
What are some your bath time rituals with the little ones? What tricks do you have for getting your child bathed and ready for bed? What are you favourite products for your own bath?
You can find Weleda products at:
Selected Boots stores and Boots.com (remember they do in-store collection)
Waitrose stores and Waitrose.com
Naturisimo.com (at the time of publishing this post they are offering 10% off your first order)
Selected local independent pharmacies
This is a collaborative post where the girls were sent a selection of our Weleda favourites and some new products to review for Lucky Things blog.