Bufi is a wonderful Italian family-run restaurant based in the centre of East Finchley, North London. The N2 branch opened in 2013 and it’s run by Sofia. As we’ve lived in North London for over 8 years now we’ve come to love lots about the East Finchley area. It’s bang in the middle of some great hubs: Highgate, Hampstead and Muswell Hill. We often venture to East Finchley and Bufi is one of our favourite places to eat.
I organised a mummy-date night for my Bufi outing; a chance to catch up with one of my close friends who lives nearby. Along with our local mummy crew, we have watched our babies grow quickly into toddlers. It was lovely having some quality time with my friend and on a Saturday night.
So here’s seven things we loved about Bufi…
1. Bufi means buffalo…Not only do they have great buffalo steaks on the menu (for serious meat-lovers) they also have the speciality Bufi mozzarella. Sofia explained how they inject extra cream into the middle. How could we not try it when it sounded like a dessert?
2. Sharing is caring...It was a nice treat starting our meal with some Prosecco. We felt like sharing lots of Bufi treats. After eyeing up the amazingly stacked chicken salad next door, we kicked off our meal with some starters including the fried calamari and fried zucchini. The menu has lots of cool sharing treats. Sofia also suggested we try the polenta chips so we politely agreed.
3. Vegetable delights...This veggie platter came with the classic Bufi mozzarella. It was presented beautifully. We made our way through grilled artichoke, peppers, courgettes and the juicy mozzarella. It didn’t come with too much bread which was a nice touch as we knew we’d carb out with pizza for our shared main.
4. Time for the signature pizzas…Bufi are pizza masters. I don’t know what it is but they just taste different. Maybe it’s the oven or the fresh ingredients. Maybe it’s both. Just writing about their pizza is making my tummy rumble.
5. Family vibe…I’ve also been to Bufi on a daytime date with Mr.H and Big Munch when she was a baby. We came here to celebrate one of our wedding anniversaries a couple of years ago. We wanted an easy venue where we’d know there would be space for Big Munch and her Bugaboo. It’s popular with families during the day and in the evening. There’s a true family vibe as Sofia runs the restaurants with help from her family.
6. Perfect for all kinds of company…Bufi isn’t just about a family vibe, it’s also cool to hang out here with pals and loved ones. I’ve been there a few times with friends, sometimes for lunch and other times in the evening. I had my first mummy-dinner out with my pal Kimberly AKA Media Mummy when our first newborns were a couple of months’ old. As new mummies, it was the first time both of us left our little babas and ventured out on our own for dinner. It was so exciting! Bufi always has a nice atmosphere whoever I’m there with.
7. There’s now a Bufi in town…It’s cool there is also a Bufi Pizzeria in Shoreditch. This opened on Hackney Road a few months ago. Funny as one of my first jobs out of uni was on Hackney Road working for a magazine (before Shoreditch became super-trendy). They also have a nice sized basement perfect for supper gatherings and private events. A nice handy venue for when we head to FUN DMC around the corner at Rich Mix.
Head over to their website to check out their menus BufiRestaurants.com
Follow Bufi on Instagram over at @PizzeriaBufi (watch out, it will make you hungry…)
This is a sponsored post where we were guests at Bufi. Thanks to the manager Sofia and the Bufi team for collaborating with Lucky Things on this review.