Most days I can be a little indecisive what to wear. For my first #BML16 bloggers conference, I shortlisted 4 outfits. With only a few days to go, as well as packing for a family week away, I had to seriously sort out what I was wearing. At least I knew what shoes I’d be wearing to #BML16 – flat ones! So I called upon my trusty blog followers AKA the Lucky Things crew. To give people something fun to vote for last week, they chose from the below.
The winner of my style election was the yellow skirt I picked up from the bright Australian brand Gorman. I knew I wouldn’t regret buying that skirt. It felt a bit bold at the time but I thought it’s ok I think I can make this work, plus it felt like a happy skirt to wear. I tried it on in a rush whilst Mr.H was manning the buggy and toddler in the Melbourne heat. I remember yelling to him from the across the street asking for his opinion!
Last Saturday, it was a jam-packed hot day and we were all busy running from session to session. It was also fun writing my celebrating my first #BML16 blog post. Everyone looked great at #BML16. So here’s my #BML16 style wrap up featuring some of the style spots I came across whilst chatting to bloggers over the weekend…
For the love of shoes…
- Pointed black ankle lace up flats, Zara, worn by Alison Perry, Not Another Mummy Blog It was great meeting Alison in person as her blog has been pretty inspiring (from her touching post on PND to our mutual love of Shoreditch street art!) After a quick intro we soon moved onto how pretty her Zara flats looked with her midi-dress.
- Pink and black court heels, Upper Street, worn by Vicki, Honest Mum. Vicki mentioned she designed these shoes for the brand Upper Street (sadly no longer running). Respect to Vicki for wearing heels on the day as well as picking up two BiB awards. So when is the shoe range coming out?…
- Leopard print mid-block heels, Topshop, worn by Robyn, Tracks I’ve Liked Today I spotted these bold lovelies and had to stop Robyn for a quick intro and pic. These heels really make sense and they remind me a bit of Mad Men.
- Black sandals, Saltwater, worn by Caroline Jones, official #BML16 event photographer. Perfect for running around with her camera gear. I must have seen about 8 bloggers in these lovely black Saltwaters. Summer wardrobes wouldn’t make sense without a pair of comfy and long-lasting Saltwaters. I have my eye on a gold pair for next year. Can’t justify them for this year’s glorious rainy Summer. Just wish I could get away with wearing my tan Saltwaters with tights like my 3-year old.
5. Grey silver high tops, Diesel, worn by Elisa Tomba, Mamma Wears Prada Elisa told me that her daughter had the same pair in her size (how cute!) The women’s version are currently in the sale. I won’t be tempted. One of my first ever style-related posts on Lucky Things was about mums who were Trainer Lucky. I’m a huge high tops and trainers fan. Blame my love of mid-80s/90s hip hop and teenage years playing a bit of basketball.
6. Gold flat espadrilles, Palmaria Sandals, worn by Carissa, Little Likely Lads. Carissa says these fit like a dream. Espadrilles always remind me of Spanish holidays when I was little as I first saw them on my mum. Now I keep seeing people with these flat ones on; they look so pretty and seem great for running around. Carissa’s metallic espadrilles were accompanied by a stunning black and white jumpsuit from New Look (this season in case you want to quickly pick one up for your own wardrobe).
7. Leopard print trainers, Dune, worn by Natalie Trice, Just Because. Me and my girls are often seen sporting some form of leopard print. Due to her age and general cuteness, Baby Munch gets away with zebra, tiger and giraffe prints too (sometimes all at the same time).
8. Black patent brogues (forgot to ask where these were from as we were too busy chatting!) worn by Jeni, Where I Write. Anything patent always look sharp and glam. Brogues are so dapper and now more feminine. Now I’m back at work I’m seriously on the look out for some nice brogues. They’re a nice alternative to wearing trainers on the commute and you don’t have to change your shoes once you get to the office.
Something bright, sparkly or shiny…
9. Gold and silver earrings, worn by Talya, Motherhood The Real Deal. Loved how delicate these earrings look. Plus they’re big, they swing around, they’re not studs and there weren’t any little hands to grab them. So these days, I tend to save my own big earrings for my nights out with mates or any kiddy-free days out. Talya also wore a lovely midi-dress from H&M at the Friday Fringe drinks. It looked so summery.
10. Bright lime green necklace and lime hangbag, Joules, worn by Emma, Island Living 365. Apologies Emma if these accessories are actually more of a yellow in your eyes. All I know is I loved how bright these were. Emma’s bag was also super-roomy (good for taking home lots of #BML16 goodies the next day and not forgetting her BiB award).
11. Green and red print earrings, Teiko’s own design, worn by Teiko Dornor @Teiko_Dornor. These beautiful earrings caught my eye when I was hanging out in the brands breakout area. How lovely Tieko designed these herself. Watch out for her jewellery range coming soon…
13. Silver metallic and white sandals, Clarks, Mummy Muddling Through (oh and her jumpsuit from Topshop). MMT loved wearing her botanical print jumpsuit at #BML16 as it felt comfortable and dressed up at the same time. Sounds good to me. There was definitely a silver shoe trend at #BML16 as Clare, Mumsy Mum, was also sporting some pretty silver summery flip flops from Primarni.
14. Pink beaded clutch, spotted on a blogger hanging out with Hannah, The Diary of an Ordinary Mum at the Friday Fringe drinks. Hannah – please remind me the name of your blogger pal. If this is your bag, then leave a comment below! I always have a soft spot for sparkly bags.
15. Teal bag, worn by Grace, Eats Amazing I started chatting to Grace early on Saturday morning at Moorgate tube as we both waited for fellow bloggers. Grace writes Eats Amazing which is all about great food ideas for little ones. Plus she designs kids’ bento boxes.
16. Gold and diamonte chain necklace, River Island, worn by Natalie, Mum in Brum. Natalie’s breton dress from People Tree seemed to perfectly match her BML badge! For the awards ceremony, her dress was from French Connection. Well done Natalie on picking up a BiB award x
17. White outfit, worn by Prabs, Absolutely Prabulous who obviously didn’t have to worry about looking after any toddlers or babies on Saturday. I can’t remember the last time I dressed all in white. Her white jeans were from a local Maltese store called Jennyfer. Jacket is an old Mango classic from life before kids. The t-shirt Prabs wore during the day was custom made with her motto “Please don’t make me do stuff”. Shoes were from the Italian brand Bagatt (just checked out the website and the shoes are amazing). Well as I said to Prabs on Saturday, you can tell that she lives in warm country as she was dressed all in glam head-to-toe white (Miami Vice style).
18. Black butterfly jumpsuit, worn by Laura, Little Ladies Big World. Laura, wish I had spoken to you properly as I love your blog. The photography is super-pretty. Jumpsuits were obviously a nice stylish option for #BML16 as Sarah, Mumzilla, also wore one on the Saturday (also from Zara). I love a good jumpsuit and always thought they’re a nice alternative to dresses.
19. Black tassled cardigan, Zara, worn by Sarah, Mumzilla. Sarah threw this on at the end of the Friday Fringe drinks and I couldn’t help noticing the pretty tassles.
Oh and if you were wondering anything about my outfit. Teamed up with my yellow pleated skirt was an old lace top from an Anthroplogie type store on Broadway in New York, my trusty cream leather jacket from Reiss (an oldie but a goodie), sparkly bird earrings from a vintage car boot sale in Devon and my silver metallic flats are from M&S (this season, so I actually got to wear something new!)
Looking forward to keeping in touch with all of the lovely bloggers I met at #BML16, even if it was a brief hello and chat about clothes, shoes, bags, earrings… Maybe you can help me out next time I can’t decide what to wear for a special occasion.
Enjoy Lucky Things…