Hey Lucky Things, so what bags have you been carrying around this week? I’ve alternated between my big tote and my Topshop leather-look backpack. Mainly because I can fit my laptop into either of them as well as my little cross-body bag for my commute essentials. Backpacks and rucksacks remind me of those teenager years. It was all about wearing the two straps on the back Fraggle Rock style. Twenty years later, they’re back on my back.
Over the past couple of years there’s been a resurgence of nice backpacks. At last! When I became bumped up with Toddler Munch in 2012, it was hard to find a feminine backpack which also looked nice enough to pass as a handbag. I finally found one at Topshop and luckily it has lasted. But sometimes I needed more support for my tired shoulders and resorted to buying a Herschel. I managed to find one with gold zips so it was just my style.
So here are 7 reasons why I love wearing a backpack (and why you might too):
- It’s a grown-up way of looking after my shoulders and back when lugging around the laptop, yoga outfit or out and about kit for the little people.
- It keeps my hands-free for pushing the buggy around or carrying Baby Munch in my arms.
- I can fit loads in a backpack, including my favourite leather cross body bag from JCrew (I’m known to have a bag within a bag), a pair of heels and lots of snacks.
- It makes me make me feel much younger (kind of feel like I’m going on a mini adventure into town).
- A backpack can now be pretty style-friendly and not so much about hiking, camping or trekking.
- A backpack can brighten up my day as a bright accessory. Long gone are the days of just coming across black sports rucksacks on your way into work.
- Leather backpacks can be great healthy style investments.
I’ve spotted 7 backpacks out there in the stores at the moment. Most are mid-range prices unless you prefer to go for leather.
Woo-hoo a 2-in-1 handbag and rucksack. Perfect for those nights out after work.
I love the fun animal monochrome print. Handy to have a front zip pocket. Nice padded shoulder straps for extra comfort.
Synthetic leather where the grey matches everything.
Man, I love this store. I discovered it after having Toddler Munch. Their handbags are really well made. This leather backpack would be a real keeper.plus the straps are slightly padded.
I have a thing for metallics at the moment. The rose gold backpack is a very pretty option.
Well, with this Swedish brand you know you have a backpack for life. They’re hard-wearing, super smart and roomy. I love the mini versions they do for kids. I first spotted this brand on our weekends exploring Berlin.
This is a cute happy backpack. You’d be surprised how bright yellow can go with lots of things.
Enjoy Lucky Things style…Catch up again soon. x Sunita