What would we do without our friends? I’m always feeling grateful for close friendships and it’s an honour to spend time with some wonderful people (when I can!) I don’t know if a Happy Friends Day exists so I’m going to celebrate them today anyway. So, here’s 7 things I love about friendships…
1. Your friends know you so well…Friends don’t have to know you for decades. They care for you however long they’ve known you. They know how you might be feeling. They know when you might not be feeling yourself. They keep you grounded when you feel things might not be going your way. They aren’t surprised when you act in a certain way. They let you be you.
2. Your friends don’t have to see you much, but when you catch up it’s like you see each other everyday…The beauty of friendships is that they grow even when we don’t see each other much. Life is busy, we’re juggling lots of things, we work hard and we’re looking after others. I adore seeing my friends after it feels like ages. Time doesn’t affect friendships, it just gives us more news to chat about!
3. Friends help you to deal with your concerns and anxieties…I know my friends have zapped anxieties when I’ve been worried about different things. Their caring approach makes you feel heaps better. They don’t need to know the magic answer, they just need to care. Friends will also admit when they don’t know what to say to make you feel better.
4. Friends are fun…Sometimes we just laugh, giggle and laugh some more! We’re able to laugh with each other as well as having a giggle about each other’s cute and funny ways.
5. Honesty is the best policy…I love how honest my friends are with me. Their honesty has taught me a lot about myself, when I could have done something differently or maybe when I’ve done something great and I couldn’t see it! I value their opinion on stuff and always trust their openness.
6. Friendships are always there…Near or far, I love it how I’ve always got someone to message or call. The other day my friend who lives down the road was surprised to receive my call. She said “people don’t call each other anymore”. I love catching up with friends over the phone. We even schedule phone dates!
7. You never know when a new friendship might pop up…do you remember where and when you first met your friends? Isn’t it cool how we get to meet people at different stages in our life. We get to enjoy lots of memories with each other. Whether it was during my primary school days, my sixth form days, my uni days, my fashion industry days, my corporate days or my mummy days, I’ve had the chance to meet some amazing people. So, thanks to the oldies and the newbies. You know who you are and I love you lots. Oh and if you’re one of my new Insta pals you might like tagging your happy pics with #enjoyluckythings Check out My new Instagram page celebrating things we’re grateful for or things that make us happy.
So what do you love about your friendships? What was the loveliest thing one of your mates did for you recently?
Enjoy Lucky Things and catch up again soon…. X Sunita